Last Updated: June 25, 2018
- The Information We Collect
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- Online Analytics and Advertising
- How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Your Choices
- Third Party Links and Services
- Children’s Privacy
- Your Rights
- How Long We Store Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Contact Info
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Vivun collects personal data about you directly from you, from others (e.g., your employer if you use an enterprise account), and automatically when you use the Services. We process your information when necessary to provide you with the Services that you have requested when accepting our Terms of Service, or where we have obtained your prior consent, or where we have a legitimate interest to do so. For example, we may have a legitimate interest to process your information for security, testing, maintenance, and enhancement purposes of the Services we provide to you, or for analytics, research, and reporting purposes. Without your information, we cannot provide you with the Services you have requested or you may be limited in your use of the Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
Vivun collects information from you through:
- Account and product registration and administration of your account
- The Vivun Services that you use
- Requests or questions you submit to us via forms or email (e.g., support forms, sales forms, user research participation forms)
- Your communications and dealings with us
- Your participation in Vivun sweepstakes, contests, or research studies
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information from and about you. Vivun collects personal data about you directly from you, from others (e.g., your employer if you use an enterprise account), and automatically when you use the Services. If the personal data we process is needed to comply with law, or to enter into or perform an agreement with you, we will inform you accordingly at the time of such data collection. If we cannot collect this data, we may be unable to on-board you as a customer or provide products or services to you.
The types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and what you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you may include: – Name, address, telephone number and email address – employment details (company name/size, your job title, etc.) – a system administrator’s email (if not you) – Log-in details and password, if you create a Vivun account – Any email requests or questions you submit to us – Demographic information such as your gender – User-generated content you post in public online Vivun forums (e.g., Vivun Expertise)
Content. In using the Services, you may upload or input various types of content, including but not limited to: tasks, attachments, client names, account information, opportunity data, product information, product data, and conversations (together, the “Content”). If you are using the Services in connection with an account created by a Vivun Customer (e.g., employer, organization, or an individual), we collect and process the Content you submit on behalf of the Customer. As described more throughout this Policy, our Customers, and not Vivun, determine their own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Content which may apply to your use of the Services. For example, a Customer may provide or remove access to the Services, enable or disable third party integrations, manage permissions, retention and export settings. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings that they have instituted with respect the Content that you provide when using the Services.
Payment Information. If you purchase a paid subscription, we will utilize a third party credit card payment processing company to collect billing and payment information, including full name, billing address, credit card number and phone number. The third party service provider, and not Vivun, stores your payment information on our behalf. If you do not provide us this information, you may be unable to subscribe and your access to our Services may be limited
Information about others. If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Services, we will ask you for that person’s contact information, which may include their name, email address or their social network identity, and automatically send an invitation. Vivun stores the information you provide to send the invitation, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service.
2. Information We Automatically Collect
When you use our Services that connect to the Internet, including, but not limited to, when you access the Services via our websites, your mobile devices, and Vivun software/applications, we automatically collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf to provide and enhance the Services) use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Log Files When you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain information in server logs. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and settings, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, metadata associated with uploaded Content, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, mobile carrier, date and time stamp information and other such information.
Device Identifiers When you access the Services using a mobile device, we collect specific device information, including your MAC address and other unique device identifiers. We also collect information such as the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number. We may associate this device identifier with your account and will use data associated with your device identifier to customize our Services to your device and to analyze any device-related issues.
Location Information We collect and process general information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Service (e.g., approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address).
3. Information We Collect From Third-Party Integrations
If you choose to use third-party integrations (e.g., Jira, Rally, CA Technologies, GitHub, Slack) through the Services or are required to do so by a Customer, such providers may allow us and our service providers to have access to and store additional information about your interaction with those services and platforms as it related to use of the Services. If you do not wish to have this information shared, do not initiate these connections.
4. Information We Collect from Affiliates and Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic information, from affiliates under common ownership and control, and from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties, as well as public information – including internet searches relating to you or your company – in order to better service your account and to provide more relevant assistance and marketing.
5. Collection of Information Across Devices
Sometimes, we may use the information we collect — for instance, usernames, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers — to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones or tablets), or work with service providers that do this, in order to save your preferences across devices and analyze usage of the Services. If you wish to opt out of our ability to track you across devices, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
6. Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Automatically Collect” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. An SDK is a section of code that we embed in our applications and software to allow third parties to collect information about how users interact with the Services. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer and login session; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand which web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, email open rates, measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Complete a purchase or provide the services you have requested
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Provide you with product updates and information about products you have purchased from us
- Provide you with service notifications via email and within the Services based on your notification selections
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Vivun and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the advertising and content you see
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Synthesize and derive insights from your use of different Vivun products and services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of our Services
- Provide, manage, and improve the Services
- Protect our Services and our users
- Understand and resolve app crashes and other issues being reported
Content. You can exercise certain control how your Content is used by/shared with others via your settings on the Services. Vivun may view and share your Content only as necessary (i) to maintain, provide and improve the Service; (ii) prevent or address technical or security issues and resolve support requests; (iii) if we have a good faith belief, or have received a complaint alleging, that such Content is in violation of our Acceptable Use Guidelines; (iv) as reasonably necessary to allow Vivun to comply with or avoid the violation of applicable law or regulation; (v) to comply with a valid legal subpoena, request, or other lawful process; and (vi) as set forth in our Subscription Agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer. We may also analyze your User Content in aggregate and on an anonymized basis, in order to better understand the manner in which our Service is being used.
Combined Information. You consent that, for the purposes discussed in this Policy, we may combine the information that we collect through the Services with information that we receive from other sources, both online and offline, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others. By using the Services, you consent to such use.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We use third-party web analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research and reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described in the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends across Vivun products and mobile devices, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
2. Online Advertising
Third parties or affiliates may administer Vivun banner advertising programs and other online marketing on non-Vivun websites and services. To do so, these parties may set and access first-party cookies delivered from an Vivun domain, or they may use third-party cookies or other tracking mechanisms. For example, a third-party provider may use the fact that you visited the Vivun website to target online ads for Vivun services to you on non-Vivun websites. Or a third-party ad network might collect information on the Services and other websites to develop a profile of your interests and target advertisements to you based on your online behavior. These parties that use these technologies may offer you a way to opt out of ad targeting as described below. You may receive tailored advertising on your computer through a web browser.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
3. Notice Concerning Do Not Track
There is no uniform or consistent standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. At this time the Services do not function differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal. For more information on Do Not Track signals, see All About Do Not Track.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell information about you to a third party or allow a third party to use information we provide for its own marketing purposes. We may share information about you with your consent, at your request, or as follows:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share all information we collect within the Vivun family of companies.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, provision of content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Third-Party Integrations. When you initiate a connection with a third-party integration through the Services (e.g., Jira, Rally, CA Technologies, GitHub, Slack), we will share information about you that is required to enable your use of the third-party integration through the Services.
- Public Forums. The Services make it possible for you to upload and share comments or feedback publicly (i.e., outside of the Vivun mobile and web app) with other users, such as on the Vivun Expertise blog. Any information that you submit through such public features is not confidential, and Vivun may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other Vivun marketing materials). Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Such information can be read, collected and/or used by other users, and it could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Accordingly, please take care when using these features of the Services.
- Aggregate/De-Identified Information. From time to time, Vivun may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. As stated above, this Policy places no limitations on our use or sharing of Aggregate/De-Identified Information.
- Subcontractors: Independent Contractors. We may employ the assistance of independent contractors to work on specific projects. We train these independent contractors on applicable Vivun policies and they are required to adhere to substantially the same data security practices as are Vivun employees.
- As Required by Law. We release information about you if we believe we must do so to comply with the law or a subpoena, bankruptcy proceeding, or similar legal process.
- To Protect Rights. We may disclose information about you, such as your name, contact information, and billing information, to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights and safety of Vivun, our customers, our users, and the general public, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- In a Business Transaction. If Vivun is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information may be transferred to the acquiring entity as part of the transaction, and may also be reviewed as part of the due diligence review for the transaction. For example, we may need to provide a list of all customer accounts and payment histories.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
The Services contain links to third-party websites such as social media sites, and also contain third-party integrations. If you choose to use these sites or integrations, you may disclose your information not just to those third-parties, but also to their users and the public more generally depending on how their services function. Because these third-party websites and services are not operated by Vivun, Vivun is not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal and other information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third party websites or services, and not this Policy. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of these third-parties.
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 16, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as practicable.
If you want to learn more about the information collected through the Services, or if you would like to access or rectify your information and/or request deletion of information we collect about you, or restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact us using the contact information below. Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing your consent. If you are dissatisfied with the way we process your information, you may lodge a complaint with the data protection authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Website servers are located in the United States, and our third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Vivun takes technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure, and thus we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information. If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can contact us at email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Vivun does not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the Contact Us section below.
Vivun Inc. 1954 Mountain Blvd. #13246, Oakland CA, 94611